An all-star strategy for your next cheer fundraiser
Your young one has made the squad. Now what? Cheerleading requires spirit, athleticism, a lot of hard work, and…funds for travel, uniforms and competition. All that practice, sweat and effort help ingrain habits that will last a lifetime: teamwork, perseverance, fitness, and healthy eating habits. With all that work, it’s critical to find a fundraising program that doesn’t require the same long hours. And with all the emphasis on a healthy lifestyle that goes along with cheering, maybe it’s time to just say “no” to that tub of cookie dough or calorie-laden candy and other unhealthy fare that’s often sold for fundraisers.
The Right Routine for Fundraising Success
In competition, working together is key to success. However, unlike cheerleading, successful fundraising does not require a lot of hard work…if you choose the right product to sell and the right strategy.
This step-by-step routine will produce a big win and big profits for your cheer team:
- Set a fundraising goal. Choose an amount that everyone can rally behind. But don’t be afraid to aim high. Cheerleaders and their supporters thrive on reaching for goals.
- Choose a product to sell that complements the healthy lifestyle sports promote. You’re asking people to support an athletic endeavor. Cookies, candy, and sugary drinks might sell at low price points, but they run counter to the purpose of what your child is participating in.
- Sell the right product… Remember, you are selling to family, friends and neighbors. Most of your sales are to people you know. Why would you sell anything other than a high quality product? With Yankee Candle Fundraising, your supporters choose from the same well-known, high-quality products they buy everyday.
- …at the right price. We offer our products at the same price your family and friends find them for in stores or online.
- Score big profits. Just looking at percentage of profits is a narrow-minded approach. You might receive 90% profit on a $1 item, but have to sell dozens and dozens to creep toward your goal. Or, by earning $10 on the sale of one Yankee Candle, you’d only have to sell 10 to reach $100 profit.
- Let the website do the heavy lifting. One of the easiest ways to raise money is through a website your supporters can order from no matter where they live. If you are raising money using Yankee Candle Fundraising, you are in luck—the work of preparing a website is already done. Yankee Candle Fundraising’s website is in place, ready for supporters to shop for your cause. They can order directly and easily from there and the profits go straight to you.
Get your season off to a great start with a cheerleading fundraiser that’s easy, profitable, and offers products your supporters love to buy. That’s a win-win situation for everyone!
Submit your review
It was a simple process and easy to use. I look forward to working with you for future fund raisers.